I am an experienced content writer, having spent nearly five years posting daily to my blog while also working on a variety of other projects. My work has given me extensive experience in writing content of varying lengths, as well as plenty of proximate skills.
Although I mainly work in the sphere of chronic illness and disability, I'm a generalist who effortlessly dips her toes into new topics. Since I work independently, I am a strong self-editor and do not require much guidance to produce stellar pieces.
I would love to discuss how I can help you fill your site with great content! Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com with any questions or inquiries.
- Spoonie Living —My main project, a chronic illness and disability resource blog where I aggregate content from around the web (plus some work of my own) to help folks in all aspects of their lives.
- Chronically Badass —Introductory zine for newly ill individuals. Full text of the zine can be found here.
- The Accessible Activism Checklist —A resource for activists and activist leaders with specific actions they can take to make their activities more accessible to disabled folks.
Areas of knowledge
- Health & Science: chronic physical illness, mental illness, medicine (traditional & standard), healthcare, medical research
- Disability & Illness: coping, lifestyle, legal & governmental concerns, accessibility
- Social Justice: LGBTQ issues, disability justice, activism
- Media: television, comics, video games, drawing, digital art
- Technology: web development, web and mobile apps (esp. productivity & organization), internet culture
- Life: organization, interpersonal communication, self-help, learning
- Misc.: cooking, makeup, fashion, polyamory, classical & jazz, foreign languages, Japanese culture
- Easy Salads for Days! —A short description of a food prep idea.
- Sometimes Waiting is the Best Way to Find Your Diagnosis —A brief personal story to demonstrate a piece of advice.
- Review: RXBar —A brief review of a protein bar.
- How to "Get Out There" Without Getting Out of Bed —A breakdown of different ways to travel through the power of the internet.
- Finding a Doctor 101 —Practical and procedural advice with accompanying checklist.
- Too Sick and Too Busy to Clean: What to Do and How to Cope —A long-form advice article with both broad and specific suggestions.
- Are You a Klutz in the Kitchen? —Ideas & enthusiastic product descriptions.
- 9 Tips for Having a Social Life with a Chronic Condition —Advice broken down into manageable chunks.
- Spoonie Living on Twitter —I pride myself on writing engaging length-limited social media copy for each blog article.
- Spoonie Living —A quick scroll through my blog will bring up a wide variety of copy suitable for social media platforms with a little more space.
Research, Aggregation, & Summaries
- Fetch Some Healing Dopamine with Pavlov's Dogs —Summaries of research and resources in support of a main concept.
- The Order of Food and Blood Glucose —Collection of related research papers, with findings summarized. Correction & expansion of existing article.
- Testing for Food Allergies and Intolerances—It's Complicated —Summaries of patient-relevant findings in topical research papers.
- Graphic design
- Layout and publishing
- Customer service and relations
- Web accessibility, including image descriptions